Well, I sheared little Dewey/Daisy yesterday with my new shears. Let me tell you, Daisy was a champ, and the shears weren't. So, I'm going to have to call the company tomorrow and talk to them. I have used other brands and they worked so well and these didn't do the sheep any justice. So, after too long, I finished her up and went in to relax in front of the wood stove. Early this morning, I spread out a sheet and began the task of skirting and picking the vegetation out of the fleece. I remember something about wanting to blanket the sheep before the "hay" season started and that is something I think I will look into this year. Wow! 2 hours it took and it's not all out, and only kept 1/2 the wool.
Note to self: got to get a weight scale. Fleece is sold, purchased raw based on weight. (not only but mostly)
After I talk to the manufacturers of my shears, I'll try again, or send them back and purchase another brand. Time will tell and I don't want to ruin my future fleece.